http://thepaintbrushgoesspottie.blogspot.com.au/p/resume.htmlhttp://thepaintbrushgoesspottie.blogspot.com.au/p/publications.htmlhttp://thepaintbrushgoesspottie.blogspot.com.au/p/doodle-feathers.html 

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Basic Grey Share...

I have a few Basic Grey projects to share...
first up we have this page created for the sketch challenge that's on NOW!

"magic moments"

Materials: Basic Grey "Whats Up" papers and embellishments

 Here's what I had to say -
“I really liked the look of this sketch especially because it gave you plenty of opportunity to use a heap of photos, sometimes that’s rare for me. But this time I wanted to just step out of my comfort zone. I used papers and embellishments from what’s up. I adore the pattern and colours in this collection and am a massive fan of those wooden buttons.”

...and the sketch...
 

Now it’s your turn! We’d love to see what you create from this week’s sketch. Leave a comment on the Basic Grey Blog with a link to your project and we’ll select one comment at random to receive a $10 credit to shop at basicgrey.com. Comment must be posted by July 15, 2012 at 11:59p MST.
If you upload your layout to your blog or online gallery, we hope you’ll also upload it to our BasicGrey flickr pool and note what products you’ve used so that other BG fans can find inspiration from your work easily.
 ---------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! 
I have a fabulous birthday card for you all. If you are anything like me you like a bit of texture and dimension on your projects. This is where my punches come in and a little folding technique. I love how something so simple can pack a punch. So now it times to show you how I made that fabulous paper flower on the front of this birthday card.

Start off by making your base. Cut a piece of Good Afternoon patterned paper to measure 15cm x 15cm Trim Jasmine Tea pattern paper to measure 14.5cm x 14.5cm – adhere to base of card. Trim Friendly Greeting to measure 12cm x 12cm, mat to remaining Jasmine Tea paper. Adhere to card. Machine stitch a border for extra detail. Arrange and adhere paper doily.

Materials: Basic Grey Konnichiwa papers and embellishments

Now just follow these simple steps to create your flower :


Use 2”circle punch and punch out 6 circles from the pagoda pattern paper.


Fold each punch circle in half and score. Unfold and use the scored centre as a guide. Fold the sides in leaving you with a cone shape.

Arrange cones on matt doily and then adhere. Stack 2 buttons and hand stitch in place.


Slide you finger into each of the cones and lift gently.


Make a pennant from scraps of paper and place alpha stickers on. Add extra detail by machine stitching a line. Adhere your pennant using some 3D foam. Finish your card off by adding a couple of pins.
Don’t forget you can use any size circle punch you have on hand to create a variety of looks.
-----------------------------------------------------

and this page
"the easter egg hunt"

Materials Used: Basic Grey kissing booth papers and embellishments

and with the leftovers from the page above I punched out a heap circles using assorted punches and made this paper mobile for jorja's room.

"paper mobile"
Materials used: Basic Grey kissing booth papers, sewing hoop, ric rac and  a button

OK ...
that's all for today,
 I do have a few more basic grey pages to share
 so I will be back...
Thanks for popping by - Miss wally xxx

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI!!! wow.. These are fabulous creations.. I love the use of so many photos in the first layout. with the digi camera I am one to take about 10 photos of the same scene, just to try and capture one good shot!!haha! and the layout with the chevrons is so gorgeous!! I love the mobile, it looks like it would be relaxing to lay and watch!!! I hope things are good with you!!

Geli said...

Thanks for the step by step for the card. I will have to give that a try. And I love the mobile!

Maria Asmus said...

Awesome, I love your projects, the layout so special!! :)